Our online forums are one of the best ways for members to meet each other and share information. We wouldn't be able to operate the forums without our volunteer Moderators, who help to ensure everyone adheres to our Forum Guidelines, and provide help/advice to new members.
To apply for a position or get more information, email email@example.com
Moderators enforce the forum rules that the PAMP Board has set by monitoring the daily postings and taking action on posts that violate the rules.
- Manage the firstname.lastname@example.org email alias
- Monitor the list postings daily and respond to those posts that violate the posting rules; notify members of their violations
- Respond to member questions and requests
- Confer with other moderators and leadership on sticky issues
- Periodically draft updates to the rules and obtain approval from PAMP Leadership
- Periodically provide posting tips and notices to members
- Identify top forum content that can be included in a Blog post to share with all members
A desire to contribute to PAMP.. Ability to check the forums daily when on duty. Attention to detail and good written communication skills.
Dependent on the number of moderators. Generally, each moderator works a one week rotating shift . The average time commitment per day when on duty is variable from approximately 15 minutes to 1 hour/day. On average, the total time spent is roughly 2-5 hours per month.
Moderator – Anonymous Postings
Manage requests and processes for the anonymous posting service
- Manage email@example.com email alias
- Assess requests to determine if they fit the guidelines
- Follow process to communicate with member about request (informing them that the request was received, reminding them of responsibility to write summaries and submit within four days, etc)
- Forward replies to the requestor after screening replies to see if responder asked for personal info to be removed before forwarding or not be included in summary
- Follow up with the requester for summary and post summary as a comment to the original thread
- Keep Anonymous Posting Guidelines up-to-date, recommend new policies/guidelines to Director Legal
- Ability to handle sensitive topics with discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to respond to people requesting an anonymous post in a diplomatic and sensitive/caring manner
- Monitors email fairly frequently
- Ability to communicate well via email with other Anon Posting Service team members
1-2hr/wk - Variable depending on the number of requests that come in and how “hot” the topic requested is. Work is divided among a small team.